`iPad emerges leading tablet for businesses`
Washington: Apple`s iPad has dominated the tablet market so far, and will remain the top tablet despite rival tablets grabbing its market share, a new survey has revealed.
The survey conducted by a research firm, ChangeWave found that 22 percent of respondents were planning to purchase tablets for their employees in the next three months.
Eighty four percent of respondents said the tablet they would buy would be an iPad, up seven percentage points from the November survey.
The number of companies planning on bringing iPads into the office marks "the highest level of corporate iPad demand ever seen in a ChangeWave survey," the Los Angeles Times quoted the group, as saying in a blog post.
Samsung`s Galaxy Tab line emerged as the second most popular tablet with planned purchases by about eight percent of respondents, ChangeWave added.
About six percent of respondents said they were planning on purchasing Amazon`s Kindle Fire for the workplace, while four percent said they were planning on buying a tablet from Hewlett-Packard while Asus, Dell and Research In Motion received three percent backing each and 2 percent preferred Motorola.
The survey comes in the wake of Apple`s third-generation iPad expected to hit stores on March 15.
The new iPad features a screen with double the resolution of the previous two generations of Apple tablets, a new 5-megapixel rear camera, a quad-core graphics processor and, in some models, the ability to connect to faster 4G wireless networks.
The poll interviewed 1,604 businesses in February 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune