IPL 3: KXIP issued summons over 2008 Service Tax
New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab outfit has been served with a notice over Service Tax evasion over their in the 2008 season by the Excise Department. They have been asked to cough-up Rs Five Crore by the authorities.
This comes after the team is in talks of selling its current stake in the Indian Premier League to the highest bidder owing to the disinterest shown by Ness Wadia and the group of directors to run it for a longer tenure after the three year deal with the BCCI gets over after the conclusion of this season.
In the meanwhile, amid fast-moving developments in the controversy surrounding the Kochi IPL franchise, the BCCI decided to put off its Working Committee meeting which was scheduled on Saturday.
Confirming the postponement, BCCI sources indicated that the IPL Governing Council meeting is expected to be convened before the Working Committee meeting to discuss threadbare all the issues on hand, including the much-talked-about Kochi franchisee bought by a consortium Rendezvous Sports World Limited.
According to indications the IPL Governing Council meeting will take place only after the conclusion of the 45-day tournament on April 25.
The IPL Governing Council meeting is expected to be a stormy one in which the powers of the high-flying chairman Lalit Modi could be curtailed in the wake of his public spat with union minister Shashi Tharoor over the Kochi franchise ownership.
Meanwhile, the Income Tax authorities have issued summons to the BCCI to furnish complete details of all eight original Indian Premier League franchisees, who were successful bidders for the city-based teams in January 2008, on April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!