IPL issue: Want to be with my kids till all this ends- SRK
Mumbai: Clearly upset with the continuing threats from the Shiv Sena over his remarks on Pak players’ inclusion in IPL, Shah Rukh Khan on Friday said that he just wants to be with his kids and hope that the issue gets sorted out.
In his latest Twitter updates, the actor said, “Haven’t seen the kids for 5 days. So wanting to be with them. Will hug them tight & sleep till all this ends peacefully.”
Sena had been demanding an apology from him for criticizing the exclusion of Pak players from IPL3. SRK, who was in the US for the past few weeks, had rejected the demand and made it clear that he won’t do so at any cost.
Sanjay Raut, spokesperson of the Sena, slammed the actor for raking up controversies from outside India and advised the actor to visit the family members of 26/11 victims before taking up the cause of Pakistani cricketers.
In his earlier attacks at Shah Rukh Khan, Raut had also said, "If India has a major threat; it is because of people like him. He is a good artist, but this is not Shah Rukh Khan speaking, but the Congress speaking through him."
Even the Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray attacked the actor by saying that the house where Shah Rukh stays is not in Pakistan, but it’s in Mumbai.
But Shah Rukh has been receiving support from all quarters. The film fraternity, political parties, artists and the fans have joined hands to support the superstar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!