IPL parties affected players’ fitness: Nehra
New Delhi: Indian pacer Ashish Nehra on Saturday rejected suggestions that fatigue due to IPL was responsible for the team’s humiliating early exit from the Twenty20 World Cup, saying that the league has helped him resurrect his international career.
“IPL has done good for me because that’s how I made my international comeback last year. Even this year ... I think if you perform well then nobody criticises IPL. We didn’t do well in last year’s T20 World Cup and that’s why people criticise IPL,” Nehra told reporters.
The injury-prone Nehra was helped back from wilderness by a strong showing in the IPL.
But the league and the after-match parties that were introduced this year came in for some criticism from Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who felt the parties, at least, affected the players’ fitness.
“The IPL parties are more of sponsorship commitments rather than just after-match parties. So we are bound to attend them,” said Nehra
Meanwhile, Nehra also ridiculed criticism of the Indian players’ fitness level.
“I am saying that I am 100 per cent fit. If I reduce any more weight, you will have to bowl for me,” he said when asked whether players were unfit.
“I don’t think I am overweight, those who you think are, you should go and talk to them,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25