IPL row: I-T issues notices to Knight Riders, Gameplan
Kolkata: The income tax department has issued notices to Knight Riders Sports Private Limited and Gameplan Sports to appear before it in connection with the recent search operations at the offices of the two entities.
“We have issued notices to both Knight Rider Sports and Gameplan,” Director General of I-T investigation (East) Vinod Khurana told reporters.
He said the two entities had asked for time till Monday for appearing before the I-T department.
Asked whether the I-T sleuths had stumbled across any irregularities so far, Khurana said that the officials were still examining papers.
He said the Kolkata I-T office would only look into details like corporate endorsements, ticket receipts and the various heads under which expenditure was incurred and reflected in the books of the two companies.
Khurana said that the I-T office would also investigate whether TDS was made on payment made to CAB by KR Sports, which owns the KKR team.
The official said that since KR Sports was based in Mumbai, I-T Mumbai would look into the funding and shareholding pattern of KR Sports.
He said that it was not necessary that officials of the two companies would have to appear in person. “They can send their legal counsel also.”
I-T officials had conducted a search and survey operation in the city offices of KR Sports and Gameplan on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?