IPL row: I-T issues notices to Knight Riders, Gameplan
Kolkata: The income tax department has issued notices to Knight Riders Sports Private Limited and Gameplan Sports to appear before it in connection with the recent search operations at the offices of the two entities.
“We have issued notices to both Knight Rider Sports and Gameplan,” Director General of I-T investigation (East) Vinod Khurana told reporters.
He said the two entities had asked for time till Monday for appearing before the I-T department.
Asked whether the I-T sleuths had stumbled across any irregularities so far, Khurana said that the officials were still examining papers.
He said the Kolkata I-T office would only look into details like corporate endorsements, ticket receipts and the various heads under which expenditure was incurred and reflected in the books of the two companies.
Khurana said that the I-T office would also investigate whether TDS was made on payment made to CAB by KR Sports, which owns the KKR team.
The official said that since KR Sports was based in Mumbai, I-T Mumbai would look into the funding and shareholding pattern of KR Sports.
He said that it was not necessary that officials of the two companies would have to appear in person. “They can send their legal counsel also.”
I-T officials had conducted a search and survey operation in the city offices of KR Sports and Gameplan on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview