IPL: SC issues notice to BCCI secy
New Delhi: BCCI top boss and owner of IPL Chennai franchise, N Srinivasan landed in serious trouble after Supreme Court of India issued fresh notice against him in a case filed by former board president AC Muthiah.
N Srinivsan is currently in the IPL Governing Council and is widely considered as the man responsible of Lalit Modi’s suspension from the cash rich league.
Minutes after SC courted fresh trouble for Srinivasan, Lalit Modi told a news channel that he was seriously contemplating to take a position on the whole issue.
“I am looking at the SC notice and points raised by Muthiah definitely has its own merits, it needs to be looked into, at first glance there is an issue out here,” Modi told a news channel.
Apex court’s notice against Srinivasan comes on a petition filed by AC Muthiah in which he had countered that no administration of BCCI should have direct of indirect commercial interest in the IPL. Muthiah said that an independent probe over the financial irregularities of the IPL should be conducted.
Muthiah had also challenged BCCI`s permission to grant Secretary N Srinivasan to own Chennai Super Kings -- an IPL team.
Earlier, holding the Indian Cricket Board responsible for all the mess that IPL is in today, AC Muthiah alleged that the board had amended rules to suit the needs of certain officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video