IPO processing time should be cut to 7 days: SEBI
Mumbai: Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Wednesday said it wants to bring down the time required for IPO processing to seven days from 20 days at present over the next one year.
"The listing time should come down to seven days... primary market is still somewhat inefficient compared to the secondary market," Sebi Chairman, C B Bhave said at a
He said the timely settlement of transactions continue to be a challenge in the system.
Also, there was a need to reduce the cost of mutual funds and the risk of investors.
"We need to look at reducing the cost of mutual funds and risk of investors," Bhave said.
Noting that the worst (of the global financial crisis) is behind us, Bhave said the market should not get carried away with the euphoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars