Iran releases 2 Kuwaitis suspected of espionage
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency
says Tehran has released two Kuwaiti citizens detained last
month for suspected espionage activities.
Iran`s ambassador to Kuwait, Ruhollah Ghahramani, told
Mehr that Iranian authorities have determined that the two
Kuwaitis had engaged in press activities without permission
but were not involved in espionage.
He said on Sunday the pair had entered Iran on tourist visas.
Iran and Kuwait have accused each other in recent years
of running spying rings on the other`s territory.
Kuwait in the past alleged Iran was operating an
espionage ring that included surveillance of US and Kuwaiti
military sites. Iran denied the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing