Iran releases 2 Kuwaitis suspected of espionage
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency
says Tehran has released two Kuwaiti citizens detained last
month for suspected espionage activities.
Iran`s ambassador to Kuwait, Ruhollah Ghahramani, told
Mehr that Iranian authorities have determined that the two
Kuwaitis had engaged in press activities without permission
but were not involved in espionage.
He said on Sunday the pair had entered Iran on tourist visas.
Iran and Kuwait have accused each other in recent years
of running spying rings on the other`s territory.
Kuwait in the past alleged Iran was operating an
espionage ring that included surveillance of US and Kuwaiti
military sites. Iran denied the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth