Iran releases 2 Kuwaitis suspected of espionage
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency
says Tehran has released two Kuwaiti citizens detained last
month for suspected espionage activities.
Iran`s ambassador to Kuwait, Ruhollah Ghahramani, told
Mehr that Iranian authorities have determined that the two
Kuwaitis had engaged in press activities without permission
but were not involved in espionage.
He said on Sunday the pair had entered Iran on tourist visas.
Iran and Kuwait have accused each other in recent years
of running spying rings on the other`s territory.
Kuwait in the past alleged Iran was operating an
espionage ring that included surveillance of US and Kuwaiti
military sites. Iran denied the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145