Iran releases 2 Kuwaitis suspected of espionage
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency
says Tehran has released two Kuwaiti citizens detained last
month for suspected espionage activities.
Iran`s ambassador to Kuwait, Ruhollah Ghahramani, told
Mehr that Iranian authorities have determined that the two
Kuwaitis had engaged in press activities without permission
but were not involved in espionage.
He said on Sunday the pair had entered Iran on tourist visas.
Iran and Kuwait have accused each other in recent years
of running spying rings on the other`s territory.
Kuwait in the past alleged Iran was operating an
espionage ring that included surveillance of US and Kuwaiti
military sites. Iran denied the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age
- Curfew, restrictions imposed to prevent protests in Kashmir
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby