Iraqi president dies at 79
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani died Tuesday after being admitted to a Baghdad hospital following a brain stroke. He was 79.
He had been confronting various health problems in recent years.
"President Talabani died today after fast deterioration in his health in a Baghdad hospital," reported Xinhua quoting presidential sources.
It was earlier reported, citing a medical source, that Talabani had been admitted to Baghdad hospital in a critical condition late Monday night. He was unconscious due to brain stroke.
The presidential office, in an earlier statement, had said Talabani was admitted to a hospital in Baghdad "because of fatigue and tiredness".
Talabani had held a meeting Monday with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss means to ease latest tension between Baghdad and the autonomous region of Kurdistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!