IRCTC to run `Bharat Darshan`
Bhopal, Jan 08: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will run a 12-day special train, Bharat Darshan, taking passengers around several religious and tourist places across the country from January 24, an IRCTC spokesperson said on Thursday.
The train, that has a capacity to accomodate 480 passengers, would start from here and reach Madgaon in Goa on January 26 while going en route through Ujjain, Vadodara, Mumbai and Pune, the spokesperson said.
Bookings for the train have already begun and on the opening day, 110 persons had already bought tickets which cost Rs 6,186, he said.
After spending two days and a night in Goa, the train would leave for Kanyakumari, popular for memorials of Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda and glorious sunrises and sunsets, he said.
From Kanyakumari, the train would go to Rameshwaram, known for its temples and reach Chennai on the morning of February one, he added.
The train would return to Bhopal on the night of February four, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!