IRCTC to run `Bharat Darshan`
Bhopal, Jan 08: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will run a 12-day special train, Bharat Darshan, taking passengers around several religious and tourist places across the country from January 24, an IRCTC spokesperson said on Thursday.
The train, that has a capacity to accomodate 480 passengers, would start from here and reach Madgaon in Goa on January 26 while going en route through Ujjain, Vadodara, Mumbai and Pune, the spokesperson said.
Bookings for the train have already begun and on the opening day, 110 persons had already bought tickets which cost Rs 6,186, he said.
After spending two days and a night in Goa, the train would leave for Kanyakumari, popular for memorials of Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda and glorious sunrises and sunsets, he said.
From Kanyakumari, the train would go to Rameshwaram, known for its temples and reach Chennai on the morning of February one, he added.
The train would return to Bhopal on the night of February four, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened