IRCTC to run `Bharat Darshan`
Bhopal, Jan 08: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will run a 12-day special train, Bharat Darshan, taking passengers around several religious and tourist places across the country from January 24, an IRCTC spokesperson said on Thursday.
The train, that has a capacity to accomodate 480 passengers, would start from here and reach Madgaon in Goa on January 26 while going en route through Ujjain, Vadodara, Mumbai and Pune, the spokesperson said.
Bookings for the train have already begun and on the opening day, 110 persons had already bought tickets which cost Rs 6,186, he said.
After spending two days and a night in Goa, the train would leave for Kanyakumari, popular for memorials of Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda and glorious sunrises and sunsets, he said.
From Kanyakumari, the train would go to Rameshwaram, known for its temples and reach Chennai on the morning of February one, he added.
The train would return to Bhopal on the night of February four, the spokesperson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview