IRDA asks life insurers for details on health policies
New Delhi: Insurance regulator IRDA on Friday
asked all life insurers to give detailed information of their
health insurance policies in electronic form on half yearly
basis from next fiscal.
"It is hereby directed that all life insurance
companies shall submit the information in respect to all
health insurance policies issued by them," IRDA said in a
The information should contain date of commencement of
policy, its expiry date, the policy period.
Besides, they have to submit the information regarding
premium, charges, among others.
The insurers should submit these for the period ending
September and March of each financial year within a period of
one month from the last day of respective month, commencing
from the period beginning April 1, 2010.
"The above submission of electronic data by insurance
companies is in addition to the existing system of submission
of electronic data by the Third Party Administrators,"
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends