‘Irregularities in cyclone relief to be probed’
Puducherry: Centre would soon hold an inquiry into alleged irregularities in distribution of Rs 125 crore sanctioned by it to the Union Territory of Puducherry for cyclone Thane relief works, Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said on Sunday.
At a meeting of Congress workers here, he claimed that funds had been "siphoned off to benefit those owing allegiance to the ruling AINRC and also well to do families letting down the really suffering fishermen, hut dwellers and farmers."
Puducherry suffered extensive damage in the cyclone that crossed the neighbouring Tamil Nadu coast in December last.
He slammed Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy for skipping yesterday`s Chief Ministers meeting convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to deliberate on the proposed National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and thus failing to place before the Centre the requirements of Puducherry for modernisation of police force.
Narayanasamy, who represents Puducherry in Lok Sabha, also alleged that Rangasamy was deliberately delaying action against hard core criminals booked under the Goonda Act.
He also claimed the Rangasamy Government had not spent 43 per cent of Rs 4,830 crores earmarked by the Centre to the Union Territory for the fiscal 2011-12.
The Minister also alleged that Rangasamy was victimising Congressmen and those employed during previous Congress regime in Puducherry.
He said Congress would intensify agitations till the "anti-people Rangasamy Government is unseated".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla