Ishant should have been picked: More
New Delhi: Former India stumper and former chairman of selectors Kiran More feels that paceman Ishant Sharma should have been picked in the Indian team for the T20 World Cup scheduled to be played in West Indies next month.
More said, “Ishant is a fine bowler and he should have been picked in this team.”
India selected four pacers in their 15-member squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup but Ishant did not find a place. The pacers are R Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan and Ashish Nehra, who is still nursing an injury.
More is not very sure whether injured Nehra would be recovered in time as the bowler has had previous records of breaking down midway through the tournament.
“When we have a fit Ishant Sharma, we should not have picked Nehra”, said the former Chairman of selectors.
He is, however, happy with Karnataka pacer Vinay Kumar’s inclusion in the team. “Vinay Kumar has performed really well in the domestic circuit over the last couple of years and there is no harm in giving somebody a chance who did well in domestic cricket”, said More.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Ravindra Jadeja, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, Ashish Nehra and R Vinay Kumar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details