ISI chief shared intelligence with Israel post 26/11: WikiLeaks
Washington: Pakistan and Israel have no diplomatic ties but a year after 26/11, Islamabad shared intelligence information with Israel regarding possible terrorist attacks against Jewish and Israeli sites in India, according to a leaked US diplomatic cable.
The head of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency, Ahmad Shuja Pasha, told the then US ambassador Anne Patterson that he had conveyed intelligence on potential terror attacks in India to Israel, according to the October 07, 2009 document leaked by WikiLeaks.
He told the diplomat that he had travelled to Oman and Iran to investigate information he received from the US about possible pending attacks in India.
"Pasha asked Ambassador to convey to Washington that he had followed up on threat information that an attack would be launched against India between September-November. He had been in direct touch with the Israelis on possible threats against Israeli targets in India," the cable read.
A few weeks before the cable was written, the Israeli Counter-Terror Bureau had issued a travel advisory warning of possible attacks against Israeli sites in India.
A total of 166 people were killed in the November 26, 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai, including an attack against the local Chabad house, blamed on Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Israeli officials, such as Mossad chief Meir Dagan, were quoted in other documents published by WikiLeaks expressing grave concern about the stability of the Pakistani government and the security surrounding Islamabad`s nuclear arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj