IT, consumer electronic firms losing Rs 84 lk/store annually
New Delhi: IT and consumer electronic firms
in the country are losing up to Rs 84 lakh per store annually
due to poor sales effectiveness, a survey says.
According to a survey carried out by a performance
improvement solutions provider Grass Roots Group a gap between
the ability to understand or establish a customer`s need and
then meet it by a sales staff is the main reason for the loss.
"IT & consumer electronic majors in India are losing up
to Rs 84 lakh per store annually due to poor sales
effectiveness," the report based on a survey conducted across
the Asia Pacific region said.
The country`s robust retail culture plays out well when
measured on the ability to greet the customer and salespeople
have scored a higher than average rating in terms of the
proportion of customers being served immediately.
Moreover, the product knowledge of Indian sales staff at
81 per cent was on par with the rest of the region.
Despite this statistic, sales staff were found to be
significantly less likely to recommend a brand, the study
"India`s excellent scores in categories like product
knowledge indicate that salespeople have technical know-how
about the product, but are simply not feeling engaged enough
with the brand to support products or make recommendations,"
Grass Roots Group (Regional Director - Asia) Stephen Hibberd
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'