IT industry will post double-digit growth next yr: NASSCOM
New Delhi: IT industry body Nasscom today
said the sector will regain double-digit growth from April
next year leaving behind the prolonged recession.
"Next year, starting from April we will see double digit
growth coming back," Nasscom President Som Mittal told
reporters on the sidelines of the India Economic Summit here.
The IT industry, which was growing 30 per cent year on
year, was hit first by the currency fluctuation followed by
the global financial crisis in 2008.
The economic activity seems to have picked up. The
technology firms are back on hiring spree. Mergers and
acquisitions are in the sight.
As per projections for the current financial year, the IT
industry is likely to grow at a meagre 4-7 per cent.
However, he added, "We have made a forecast that in the
next 10-12 years the industry (IT) will have a compounded
annual growth rate of 12-14 per cent."
Though Nasscom is very bullish about the growth coming
back, but refrained from revising the guidance upwards saying
it was too early to do that.
Consultant Accenture has said it would shore up its
staff strength by 8,000 by next year, mainly in the analytics
space. While, Infosys BPO, the back-office unit of IT firm
Infosys Technologies has also announced to hire up to 2,000
people by the end of the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video