`It is disrespectful to compare me to Maradona’
London: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero claims that it is embarrassing when people compare him with Argentine legend Diego Maradona.
Aguero took the Premier League by storm on his debut last Monday night, coming on as a second-half substitute to score twice and set up another goal in the 4-0 win over Swansea City.
“I find it embarrassing when people compare me to Maradona. How can they? It’s disrespectful. There is only one Maradona. People who say this just have no idea, they don’t know what they are talking about. And you won’t find me ever fuelling comparisons with him,” a daily quoted Aguero, as saying.
“Diego was a complete one-off, an all-time great who can never be matched and will never have an equal on the football pitch. I know I can play, but you will never find me saying that I’m the new Maradona,” he added.
He further said that Maradona was a genius, a leader and a total inspiration to his teammates.
“No one, I repeat no one, could have transformed teams like he did all those years ago. Like so many, I have nothing but respect for what he achieved,” Aguero said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef