`It is disrespectful to compare me to Maradona’
London: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero claims that it is embarrassing when people compare him with Argentine legend Diego Maradona.
Aguero took the Premier League by storm on his debut last Monday night, coming on as a second-half substitute to score twice and set up another goal in the 4-0 win over Swansea City.
“I find it embarrassing when people compare me to Maradona. How can they? It’s disrespectful. There is only one Maradona. People who say this just have no idea, they don’t know what they are talking about. And you won’t find me ever fuelling comparisons with him,” a daily quoted Aguero, as saying.
“Diego was a complete one-off, an all-time great who can never be matched and will never have an equal on the football pitch. I know I can play, but you will never find me saying that I’m the new Maradona,” he added.
He further said that Maradona was a genius, a leader and a total inspiration to his teammates.
“No one, I repeat no one, could have transformed teams like he did all those years ago. Like so many, I have nothing but respect for what he achieved,” Aguero said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'