Italy antitrust authorities extend Sky Italia prob
Rome: Italian antitrust authorities have extended an investigation against Rupert Murdoch`s Sky Italia over alleged abuse of market position in securing football broadcast rights to include the UEFA Champions League competition.
In its weekly bulletin issued on Tuesday, the antitrust authority said the Champions League probe would be added to an investigation into Sky Italia opened in November over the acquisition of rights to the football World Cup.
The investigation was based on findings presented in May by Italy`s largest private broadcaster Mediaset, which is controlled by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
Sky Italia is a satellite broadcasting unit of News Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket