Italy antitrust authorities extend Sky Italia prob
Rome: Italian antitrust authorities have extended an investigation against Rupert Murdoch`s Sky Italia over alleged abuse of market position in securing football broadcast rights to include the UEFA Champions League competition.
In its weekly bulletin issued on Tuesday, the antitrust authority said the Champions League probe would be added to an investigation into Sky Italia opened in November over the acquisition of rights to the football World Cup.
The investigation was based on findings presented in May by Italy`s largest private broadcaster Mediaset, which is controlled by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
Sky Italia is a satellite broadcasting unit of News Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam