Italy antitrust authorities extend Sky Italia prob
Rome: Italian antitrust authorities have extended an investigation against Rupert Murdoch`s Sky Italia over alleged abuse of market position in securing football broadcast rights to include the UEFA Champions League competition.
In its weekly bulletin issued on Tuesday, the antitrust authority said the Champions League probe would be added to an investigation into Sky Italia opened in November over the acquisition of rights to the football World Cup.
The investigation was based on findings presented in May by Italy`s largest private broadcaster Mediaset, which is controlled by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
Sky Italia is a satellite broadcasting unit of News Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj