Italy antitrust authorities extend Sky Italia prob
Rome: Italian antitrust authorities have extended an investigation against Rupert Murdoch`s Sky Italia over alleged abuse of market position in securing football broadcast rights to include the UEFA Champions League competition.
In its weekly bulletin issued on Tuesday, the antitrust authority said the Champions League probe would be added to an investigation into Sky Italia opened in November over the acquisition of rights to the football World Cup.
The investigation was based on findings presented in May by Italy`s largest private broadcaster Mediaset, which is controlled by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
Sky Italia is a satellite broadcasting unit of News Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead