Italy set for players` strike as last-ditch talks
Rome: Italy looked almost certain to face a players` strike after last-minute talks on Thursday, 48 hours ahead of the scheduled start of the Serie A season, failed to reach an agreement between the players and the clubs.
Serie A president Maurizio Beretta said the clubs had rejected a proposal from the Italian FA, which has tried to mediate the dispute, aimed at ending a dispute over players` rights.
"The proposal.....does not make Serie A change its position, we hope that the Italian Players Union (AIC) calls off the strike and accepts our proposal in its integrity," Beretta said in a statement on the league`s web site (legaseriea.it).
The AIC has already said there will be no matches if a new agreement is not signed by the clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read