IUML announces poll candidates
Chennai: The Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), a constituent of the DMK-led alliance for the April 13
Tamil Nadu polls, on Friday announced its candidates for the three
constituencies it has been allotted by its senior partner.
Altaf Hussain (Harbour), H Abdul Basith (Vaniyambadi) and M
Mohammed Sheikh Dawood (Nagapattinam) will contest the
elections from the DMK symbol `Rising Sun,` IUML said in a
release in Chennai.
After initially allotting three seats to its ally, the DMK
took one from IUML`s share, besides one each from its own and
PMK, to accommodate Congress` firm demand for 63 seats.
However, following displeasure in the IUML rank and file,
the DMK restored one seat and allotted three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi