IUML announces poll candidates
Chennai: The Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), a constituent of the DMK-led alliance for the April 13
Tamil Nadu polls, on Friday announced its candidates for the three
constituencies it has been allotted by its senior partner.
Altaf Hussain (Harbour), H Abdul Basith (Vaniyambadi) and M
Mohammed Sheikh Dawood (Nagapattinam) will contest the
elections from the DMK symbol `Rising Sun,` IUML said in a
release in Chennai.
After initially allotting three seats to its ally, the DMK
took one from IUML`s share, besides one each from its own and
PMK, to accommodate Congress` firm demand for 63 seats.
However, following displeasure in the IUML rank and file,
the DMK restored one seat and allotted three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!