IUML announces poll candidates
Chennai: The Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), a constituent of the DMK-led alliance for the April 13
Tamil Nadu polls, on Friday announced its candidates for the three
constituencies it has been allotted by its senior partner.
Altaf Hussain (Harbour), H Abdul Basith (Vaniyambadi) and M
Mohammed Sheikh Dawood (Nagapattinam) will contest the
elections from the DMK symbol `Rising Sun,` IUML said in a
release in Chennai.
After initially allotting three seats to its ally, the DMK
took one from IUML`s share, besides one each from its own and
PMK, to accommodate Congress` firm demand for 63 seats.
However, following displeasure in the IUML rank and file,
the DMK restored one seat and allotted three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef