IUML announces poll candidates
Chennai: The Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), a constituent of the DMK-led alliance for the April 13
Tamil Nadu polls, on Friday announced its candidates for the three
constituencies it has been allotted by its senior partner.
Altaf Hussain (Harbour), H Abdul Basith (Vaniyambadi) and M
Mohammed Sheikh Dawood (Nagapattinam) will contest the
elections from the DMK symbol `Rising Sun,` IUML said in a
release in Chennai.
After initially allotting three seats to its ally, the DMK
took one from IUML`s share, besides one each from its own and
PMK, to accommodate Congress` firm demand for 63 seats.
However, following displeasure in the IUML rank and file,
the DMK restored one seat and allotted three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch