Ivanovic, Peng out of Birmingham
Birmingham: Serbian second seed Ana Ivanovic and Chinese third seed Peng Shuai were both knocked out of the WTA Birmingham grasscourt tournament on Saturday in the semi-finals.
Former world number one Ivanovic lost a hard-fought battle with Slovak fourth seed Daniela Hantuchova, 6-7 (2/7), 6-3, 6-2.
She will meet Sabine Lisicki in Sunday`s final after the German got the better of Peng 6-3, 6-1.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists