Ivory Coast’s Tiote set to sign Newcastle United deal
Rotterdam: Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tiote is close to signing a contract with English Premier League side Newcastle United, his Dutch club Twente Enschede said on their official website on Saturday.
The 24-year-old, who is a regular for the Ivory Coast after forcing his way into the side at the Nations Cup in January, has to pass a medical and get a work permit before he can sign.
Tiote, who played at this year’s World Cup in South Africa, joined Twente in 2008 after spells at Anderlecht and Roda JC Kerkrade and helped them win the Dutch title last season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know