Ivory Coast’s Tiote set to sign Newcastle United deal
Rotterdam: Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tiote is close to signing a contract with English Premier League side Newcastle United, his Dutch club Twente Enschede said on their official website on Saturday.
The 24-year-old, who is a regular for the Ivory Coast after forcing his way into the side at the Nations Cup in January, has to pass a medical and get a work permit before he can sign.
Tiote, who played at this year’s World Cup in South Africa, joined Twente in 2008 after spells at Anderlecht and Roda JC Kerkrade and helped them win the Dutch title last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days