Ivory Coast’s Tiote set to sign Newcastle United deal
Rotterdam: Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tiote is close to signing a contract with English Premier League side Newcastle United, his Dutch club Twente Enschede said on their official website on Saturday.
The 24-year-old, who is a regular for the Ivory Coast after forcing his way into the side at the Nations Cup in January, has to pass a medical and get a work permit before he can sign.
Tiote, who played at this year’s World Cup in South Africa, joined Twente in 2008 after spells at Anderlecht and Roda JC Kerkrade and helped them win the Dutch title last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon