Jackie Kennedy’s necklace auctioned for £30k
London: A necklace once owned by Jackie Onassis, wife of late US president John F Kennedy, has been auctioned for 30,000 pounds.
The triple strand simulated pearl necklace went under the hammer at Bonhams’ Pioneers of Popular Culture sale at the inaugural Vintage at Goodwood Festival, near Chichester, West Sussex.
The sale that celebrated various items from 1940 to 1990, also featured two other pieces of jewellery owned by the former First Lady.
Onassis’ pearl and diamond ear clips 15,600.
The auction was the windup of the first Vintage at Goodwood Festival, a three-day event celebrating all that is best about British popular culture in music, fashion, art, design and film, reports The Telegraph. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley