Jackie Kennedy’s necklace auctioned for £30k
London: A necklace once owned by Jackie Onassis, wife of late US president John F Kennedy, has been auctioned for 30,000 pounds.
The triple strand simulated pearl necklace went under the hammer at Bonhams’ Pioneers of Popular Culture sale at the inaugural Vintage at Goodwood Festival, near Chichester, West Sussex.
The sale that celebrated various items from 1940 to 1990, also featured two other pieces of jewellery owned by the former First Lady.
Onassis’ pearl and diamond ear clips 15,600.
The auction was the windup of the first Vintage at Goodwood Festival, a three-day event celebrating all that is best about British popular culture in music, fashion, art, design and film, reports The Telegraph. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read