Jail bharo agitation by BJP leaders tomorrow
New Delhi: BJP will launch a one-day jail bharo agitation on Friday across the country during which party leaders and workers will court arrest to protest against the hike in prices of essential commodities and petrol products.
BJP Vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi today said in a statement that June 22 will mark the culmination of the `Jan Sangarsh Abhiyan (Public Struggle Campaign)`, which began on June 7.
The party had organised public meetings, protests and street marches in different parts of the country during this period to create awareness about these issues.
"All national and state leaders of the BJP will participate in the Jail Bharo Andolan along with party workers and people from every section of society," Naqvi said.
He charged that while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is leading a "corrupt" government, Congress President Sonia Gandhi is protecting the corrupt.
"They both are encouraging corruption under the garb of honesty, in the eight years of the UPA government, scams and corruption has broken all records," he said.
BJP alleged that despite record production of crops in the last eight years, prices of essential commodities have been constantly on the rise.
"The import of crude oil is about 85 per cent of the present (consumption). However, during the NDA regime, it was 65 to 70 per cent because we focused on alternate sources like piped gas, bio-diesel and ethanol," Naqvi said.
Among top BJP leaders who will participate in the jail bharo andolan tomorrow include party president Nitin Gadkari at Nagpur, M Venkaiah Naidu in Mumbai, Gopinath Munde in Maharashtra, Sushma Swaraj in Bhopal, Narendra Singh Tomar in Madhya Pradesh, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in Delhi along with other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!