Jailed SP candidate barred from voting
Bijnor: Jailed Samajwadi Party candidate from
Chandpur, Sherbaz Pathan has been barred from casting his vote
by a local court.
Pathan is in jail for allegedly providing fake marksheets
and his bail plea is under consideration in the High Court.
His request to take part in voting was rejected by Additional
CJM Rita Singh, on Wednesday.
He had earlier filed his nomination after seeking
permission from the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj