Jamaican sprinter Bolt vows to return to his best in Rome
London: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt has said that he intends to prove that he is still the best short distance runner in world when he competes in the Rome Olympic Stadium this week.
“I`m going out there to prove to the world that I’m still the best,” a newspaper quoted Bolt, as saying.
It will be Bolt’s first 100 meters of the year, followed by his second next Tuesday in Ostrava.
The Jamaican, the only man to have run 100m in 9.58sec, had back problems last summer but says it is no longer an issue.
Bolt is more than four kilograms lighter but broader in the shoulders than last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation