Jamaican sprinter Bolt vows to return to his best in Rome
London: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt has said that he intends to prove that he is still the best short distance runner in world when he competes in the Rome Olympic Stadium this week.
“I`m going out there to prove to the world that I’m still the best,” a newspaper quoted Bolt, as saying.
It will be Bolt’s first 100 meters of the year, followed by his second next Tuesday in Ostrava.
The Jamaican, the only man to have run 100m in 9.58sec, had back problems last summer but says it is no longer an issue.
Bolt is more than four kilograms lighter but broader in the shoulders than last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren