Jamir calls for strategic planning to eliminate Naxals
Mumbai: Condemning the Naxal attack at
Bhamragad in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district in which 17
police personnel were killed, Governor S C Jamir on Friday said
there should be a strategic planning to combat Naxalism.
"This is fourth such incident this year and underlines
the need for a strategic planning to eliminate the scourge of
Naxalism from the State and the country. I condemn the
dastardly killings," he said in a statement here.
The brutal manner in which a group of over 100 Naxalites
killed 17 brave police personnel in Gadchiroli district
yesterday shows the desperation of the insurgents to derail
the election process, currently underway, by terrorizing the
people, Jamir said.
"I salute the brave police personnel who lost their lives
while discharging their duty and convey my heartfelt
sympathies to the families of the martyred police personnel,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details