Jamir calls for strategic planning to eliminate Naxals
Mumbai: Condemning the Naxal attack at
Bhamragad in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district in which 17
police personnel were killed, Governor S C Jamir on Friday said
there should be a strategic planning to combat Naxalism.
"This is fourth such incident this year and underlines
the need for a strategic planning to eliminate the scourge of
Naxalism from the State and the country. I condemn the
dastardly killings," he said in a statement here.
The brutal manner in which a group of over 100 Naxalites
killed 17 brave police personnel in Gadchiroli district
yesterday shows the desperation of the insurgents to derail
the election process, currently underway, by terrorizing the
people, Jamir said.
"I salute the brave police personnel who lost their lives
while discharging their duty and convey my heartfelt
sympathies to the families of the martyred police personnel,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends