Jan Lokpal: Team Anna`s 2-day meet begins
Ralegan Siddhi: Anna Hazare and his team started their two-day brainstorming session here on Saturday over the future course of action for the Jan Lokpal bill and other issues.
Around 45 people from India Against Corruption and other groups started arriving in the village on Friday for the deliberations, Hazare aide Suresh Pathare told media persons.
"The core committee meeting will start in two sessions Saturday morning and there will be a public meeting in the evening. Two more sessions shall be held on Sunday and the outcome will be informed to the media," Pathare said.
Among the issues on the agenda is the future course of action for the Jan Lokpal bill for which Hazare undertook a 12-day fast last month in New Delhi.
Besides, Hazare is planning to widen the scope of the anti-corruption movement by demanding electoral reforms, the right to recall elected representatives and related issues.
Earlier Friday, Hazare addressed a group of his followers where he challenged Congress spokesman Manish Tewari to prove his allegations of corruption.
"If he can prove that I have taken even Rs100, I am ready to work in his home, fill water for the rest of my life," declared Hazare, who slapped a legal defamation notice on Tewari Thursday.
Hazare had ended his hunger strike in New Delhi Aug 27 and returned to Ralegan Siddhi a few later.
He had addressed a massive public rally in the village last Friday (Sep 2) when he warned that the struggle against corruption would be long and difficult.
Soon after his arrival from the capital, the state government upgraded his security to Z-category, but Hazare rejected outright the enhanced security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey