Jan Lokpal: Team Anna`s 2-day meet begins
Ralegan Siddhi: Anna Hazare and his team started their two-day brainstorming session here on Saturday over the future course of action for the Jan Lokpal bill and other issues.
Around 45 people from India Against Corruption and other groups started arriving in the village on Friday for the deliberations, Hazare aide Suresh Pathare told media persons.
"The core committee meeting will start in two sessions Saturday morning and there will be a public meeting in the evening. Two more sessions shall be held on Sunday and the outcome will be informed to the media," Pathare said.
Among the issues on the agenda is the future course of action for the Jan Lokpal bill for which Hazare undertook a 12-day fast last month in New Delhi.
Besides, Hazare is planning to widen the scope of the anti-corruption movement by demanding electoral reforms, the right to recall elected representatives and related issues.
Earlier Friday, Hazare addressed a group of his followers where he challenged Congress spokesman Manish Tewari to prove his allegations of corruption.
"If he can prove that I have taken even Rs100, I am ready to work in his home, fill water for the rest of my life," declared Hazare, who slapped a legal defamation notice on Tewari Thursday.
Hazare had ended his hunger strike in New Delhi Aug 27 and returned to Ralegan Siddhi a few later.
He had addressed a massive public rally in the village last Friday (Sep 2) when he warned that the struggle against corruption would be long and difficult.
Soon after his arrival from the capital, the state government upgraded his security to Z-category, but Hazare rejected outright the enhanced security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO