J&K Govt announces spl sop for women entrepreneurs
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday
announced various welfare measures for socio-economic
upliftment of women, Finance minister Abdul Rahim Rather today
said while presenting the first budget of the National
Conference led coalition government in the assembly here.
Under this scheme, the minister said 100 women
entrepreneurs shall be selected from each district taking the
total to 2,200 in the first phase. They will be granted direct
loans upto Rs 3 lakh at six per cent interest through state
women development corporation, he said.
The minister said that the scope of the scheme shall be
later extended to tehsil level. For this purpose, the
government shall provide a revolving fund of Rs 10 crore to
the state women development corporation, in suitable
installments depending upon the progress of proposed scheme.
Rather said that fields identified for women
entrepreneurs include health care and pharmaceuticals,
restaurants, computers and information technology, agro based
industries, floriculture, cosmetics, perfumery, hosiery,
ceramics, tailoring, leather and food products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir