J&K Govt announces spl sop for women entrepreneurs
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday
announced various welfare measures for socio-economic
upliftment of women, Finance minister Abdul Rahim Rather today
said while presenting the first budget of the National
Conference led coalition government in the assembly here.
Under this scheme, the minister said 100 women
entrepreneurs shall be selected from each district taking the
total to 2,200 in the first phase. They will be granted direct
loans upto Rs 3 lakh at six per cent interest through state
women development corporation, he said.
The minister said that the scope of the scheme shall be
later extended to tehsil level. For this purpose, the
government shall provide a revolving fund of Rs 10 crore to
the state women development corporation, in suitable
installments depending upon the progress of proposed scheme.
Rather said that fields identified for women
entrepreneurs include health care and pharmaceuticals,
restaurants, computers and information technology, agro based
industries, floriculture, cosmetics, perfumery, hosiery,
ceramics, tailoring, leather and food products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future