J&K Govt to encourage sports in state: Minister
Jammu: Keen to encourage sports in the state and tap potential by developing strong infrastructure base at various levels, the Jammu and Kashmir government today said that it would provide all possible facilities to enable youth to realise their potential.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was keen to provide all possible facilities to enable the state’s youth to realize their potential in the sports of their interest, minister for Medical Education, Youth services and Sports, RS Chib said during a meeting convened to discuss the proposed sports complex project for Udhampur district.
Chib said that there are many upcoming projects and paucity of funds would not be allowed to hamper the work on the same and added that if needed, he would personally approach various agencies for funding.
Listing measures being taken by the government to develop sports infrastructural base in the state, he said the sports complex for Udhampur is a forward step in this direction.
The proposed sports complex spread over 11 acres would have basketball and volleyball courts, skating and shooting rings, swimming pool besides athletics tracks and central pavilion. The project will also have a provision for youth hostel with 300 inmate capacity.
The land for the sports complex, to be constructed over 11 acres, has already been acquired at village Sajalta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir