J&K has 5.67 lakh educated unemployed youths
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir has 5.67 lakh
educated unemployed youths registered with various employment
and counselling cells in the state.
Replying to a query during the Question Hour,
Minister for Labour and Employment AG Malik said as many as
2,95,286 educated unemployed youths were registered in Kashmir
region while 2,72,072 were registered in Jammu region till
The lowest number of 3,193 unemployed youths was
registered in Leh district of Ladakh region and highest number
of 62,839 such youths were registered in Srinagar district of
Kashmir Valley, he said.
The minister said the government has already announced
a new employment policy in Jammu and Kashmir, which is the
first step towards a focussed and coordinated response to the
challenge posed by unemployment.
The employment policy would be implemented from April
1, 2010 for which Rs 113 crores have been allocated in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...