Japan’s 1st lady awarded for looking good in jeans
Tokyo: She`s been called Japan`s most colourful first lady for her cheerful character and quirky comments. Now the wife of new Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama has won an award for looking good — in her jeans.
Miyuki Hatoyama, 66, won the annual prize given to celebrities who look best in denim, along with four Japanese musicians and a Taiwanese actor.
The first lady was recognised for "wearing jeans gracefully, with a bit of a revolutionary touch," according to the Japan Jeans Association, which represents denim importers and manufacturers.
"I have long wished to win the prize, as I`m a big fan of jeans," Hatoyama said.
Japan`s past first ladies made few public appearances and wore conservative dresses — rarely even trousers.
Hatoyama, a strong believer in spiritualism, has previously made headlines by saying she met actor Tom Cruise in a previous life and that her soul has travelled to Venus on a UFO.
The former actress said she is trying to change her husband`s rather stiff and professor-like appearance.
"I`ve been encouraging him to wear jeans more often when he can be casual," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists