Jason Bohn opens with 65 at PGA Zurich Classic
New Orleans: Jason Bohn fired a seven-under 65 to take the first-round lead at the 6.2 million dollar PGA Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
American Bohn rolled in eight birdies and didn`t make a bogey until his last hole, falling one shot shy of the course record. Bohn, who needed just 26 putts, missed the cut last week at the Heritage tournament.
On the par-five 18 Bohn tried to reach the green in two stokes and ended up in the water.
"I was playing aggressively on the last hole," Bohn said on Thursday. "If I had to do it all over again, I`d hit the exact same shot."
Every time he had a chance for a birdie, he made it, Bohn said. "And I made a couple of par-saving putts."
Bohn has a two-stroke lead over Jason Dufner, John Senden, Jeff Overton, Greg Owen and 2006 champion Chris Couch at the Pete Dye-designed TPC Louisiana.
The course record of 64 was set by Kyle Reifers in 2007.
"There is not much coverage out here on this golf course," Dufner said. "It`s pretty open. So if it can get windy, that will make play a lot more difficult."
Defending champion Jerry Kelly shot a 71. Five players, including KJ Choi and former British Open champion David Duval, shot 68.
This is the fifth time this year Choi has opened with a 68 or better.
Three players pulled out during their round due to injuries, George McNeill (elbow), John Mallinger (shoulder), and Jeff Maggert (shoulder).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations