Jason Bohn opens with 65 at PGA Zurich Classic
New Orleans: Jason Bohn fired a seven-under 65 to take the first-round lead at the 6.2 million dollar PGA Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
American Bohn rolled in eight birdies and didn`t make a bogey until his last hole, falling one shot shy of the course record. Bohn, who needed just 26 putts, missed the cut last week at the Heritage tournament.
On the par-five 18 Bohn tried to reach the green in two stokes and ended up in the water.
"I was playing aggressively on the last hole," Bohn said on Thursday. "If I had to do it all over again, I`d hit the exact same shot."
Every time he had a chance for a birdie, he made it, Bohn said. "And I made a couple of par-saving putts."
Bohn has a two-stroke lead over Jason Dufner, John Senden, Jeff Overton, Greg Owen and 2006 champion Chris Couch at the Pete Dye-designed TPC Louisiana.
The course record of 64 was set by Kyle Reifers in 2007.
"There is not much coverage out here on this golf course," Dufner said. "It`s pretty open. So if it can get windy, that will make play a lot more difficult."
Defending champion Jerry Kelly shot a 71. Five players, including KJ Choi and former British Open champion David Duval, shot 68.
This is the fifth time this year Choi has opened with a 68 or better.
Three players pulled out during their round due to injuries, George McNeill (elbow), John Mallinger (shoulder), and Jeff Maggert (shoulder).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP