Jaya wants probe by SC judge in double murder case
Chennai: AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa on Wednesday
demanded a probe by a Supreme Court judge into the recent
murder of a retired merchant navy captain and his wife.
In a statement, she also demanded that the DMK
government come out with an `white paper` on the murder
and claimed that there were "several mysteries" that needed to
She alleged that the Tamil Nadu government had
transferred the case to Crime Branch CID from the Chennai
police "only to hush up things".
The assailant died in police custody, which, she said,
had also raised suspicion among the public.
On August 24, Elangovan and his wife were gunned down by
a person, who also shot at their daughter-in-law, at their
house in suburban Paniyur. The assailant was caught by the
public and handed over to police. He subsequently died in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?