Jeev refuses to cut back tournaments despite injury woes
New Delhi: Injuries have wrecked his season but Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh, who had to pull out of this week`s Indian Open due to a back problem, today said he would not cut down on the number of tournaments he plays.
Jeev, who had also nursed a shoulder injury earlier this year, had to pull out of an event, which he considers `the fifth major` after picking up the back injury last week during a tournament in Japan.
"I injured myself in May (but) came back early. Then had a shoulder injury, again came back early. I have been on painkillers and I have never felt this kind of pain in life before," Jeev told reporters at the Delhi Golf Club here.
"I am very disappointed to miss the Indian Open. I consider it the fifth Major. I was playing well also," said the golfer who was visibly ill at ease while addressing the media.
But the Chandigarh-pro said refused to shorten his schedule to reduce the load on his body.
"I can`t cut back on tournaments. I think it`s a tough call. The season has ended now and I have got five weeks now. I just have to work on my posture. Every physio in this world has told me that my posture is not good. If I need to last 10 years, I have to get my posture right," he said.
"I am a firm believer in yoga. I do practice it and I am looking at a few more postures to add to it," he added.
Next year, Jeev plans to focus more on the European Tour.
”I have a medical exemption in the PGA Tour. I would focus more on the European Tour and Japan. I will play on the Asian Tour as well, the co-sanctioned ones.
"Looking at the overall picture, I want to get back to the top-50 which would automatically get me starts on the PGA Tour," said the golfer, who is currently out of even top-100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview