Jeev second in Asian Tour`s career money list
Kuala Lumpur: Indian golfer Jeev Milkha
Singh, who is currently plying his trade on the US PGA Tour,
is second in the Asian Tour`s career money list with earnings
of USD 2.8 million.
Jeev signed off a creditable tied 18th in the Wyndham
Championship yesterday, a tournament where Arjun Atwal became
the first Indian to clinch a PGA Tour title.
Reigning Asian Tour number one Thongchai Jaidee leads the
earnings with slightly over USD four million accumulated over
a span of a decade competing in the region`s elite circuit.
With 12 victories under his belt, the most by a player on
the Asian Tour, the former paratrooper is well ahead of Jeev.
Other Thai stand-outs featuring on the career earnings
list include Thaworn Wiratchant, who is ranked fourth with USD
2.5 million, and Prayad Marksaeng, who is placed sixth with
USD 2.3 million.
Chapchai Nirat (14th, USD 1.36 million), Thammanoon
Srirot (15th, USD 1.31 million), Chawalit Plaphol (16th, USD
1.23 million), Prom Meesawat (22nd, USD 1.1 million) and
veteran Boonchu Ruangkit (23rd, 1.1 million) are all featured
in the top-25, making Thailand the country with the most
players in the elite bracket.
In total, the eight Thai players have an accumulated
wealth of over USD 15 million, thanks largely to a staggering
45 career victories between them in Asia.
Since the inauguration of the Asian Tour as a members`
organisation in 2004, a total of 22 tournaments have been
played in Thailand and offering a combined purse of USD 29
million in prize money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video