Jessica Simpson reels in endorsement offers
LA, Nov 01: She may not know whether Chicken of the Sea is tuna or chicken, or that the plural of mouse isn't mouses, but Jessica Simpson knows the way to the bank.
Endorsement and merchandising offers are pouring in for the ditzy blond as a result of "Newlyweds" -- her high-rated show on MTV with hubby Nick Lachey -- and the resulting media flurry, says Dell Furano, CEO of Signatures Networks, which handles licensing for Simpson.
"In the last two weeks, the phone has been ringing off the hook," Furano says. Offers fall into three categories: fan appreciation items, such as posters and calendars; health and beauty endorsements for perfume and cosmetics; and newlywed endorsements such as for furniture, jewelry, credit cards and cell phones, which could feature the couple.
Although Furano is sifting through fashion endorsements for Simpson, he says there are no plans for her own clothing company.
"Her own product line would need some longevity to take root and succeed; we're leaning more toward endorsement deals," he says.
Not surprisingly, Simpson will probably get hooked by a tuna fish company. "We had two tuna fish companies call who are going to send us packages to give to Jessica," Furano says. "So I would be surprised if we don't do a major tuna fish endorsement, but it might not be Chicken of the Sea."
He's evaluating all deals in terms of "credibility, longevity and money," Furano says. "Jessica and Joe Simpson have a good sense of humor, and they're fine playing up her humorous, quirky, naive, beguiling and charming personality, but we're not going to be ridiculous about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH