Jharkhand beat Maharastra to enter men`s hockey final
Ranchi: Jharkhand defeated Maharashtra 2-1
to enter the final of men`s hockey competion at the 34th
National Games after the remaining 15 minutes of the
controversy-marred semi-final was resumed here on Thursday.
The hosts will take on Punjab, who got the better of
Services 3-2 in another last four match, in the title clash
The match, which ended abruptly yesterday after it was
referred to the technical committee because of a dispute over
a penalty stroke, was resumed from the 55th minute today with
both the teams locked at 0-0.
But Jharkhand came out a determined unit today and pumped
in two goals in the final 15 minutes while their opponents
could found the net only once.
Yesterday, the match was stopped abruptly following an
unruly crowd behavior after the referee awarded a penalty
stroke to Maharasthra and the Jharkhand players protested
against the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read