Jharkhand lifters continue to dominate in National Games
Jamshedpur: Gurmeet Singh grabbed a gold in
the men`s 105kg event as Jharkhand continued to dominate,
taking its tally to five gold, a silver and a bronze in the
weightlifting competition of the 34th National Games at the
Tata Auditorium here on Friday.
Gurmeet lifted 303kg to clinch gold and was followed by
Pardeep Singh of SSCB, who registered a lift of total 285kg.
Abdul Arif Khan of Madhya Pradesh had to be content with
a bronze for his lift of 275kg.
Earlier, Jharkhand had won four gold medals including
three by women lifters, a silver and a bronze (both in the
SSCB -- with two gold, two silver and a bronze -- were in
the second place while an impressive show by women lifters put
Manipur in the third place with two gold, one silver and one
Maharashtra men had a gold and two silvers to their
credit while Tamil Nadu had a gold, a bronze.
Two more gold medals are at stake in the weightlifting
arena during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police