Jharkhand lifters continue to dominate in National Games
Jamshedpur: Gurmeet Singh grabbed a gold in
the men`s 105kg event as Jharkhand continued to dominate,
taking its tally to five gold, a silver and a bronze in the
weightlifting competition of the 34th National Games at the
Tata Auditorium here on Friday.
Gurmeet lifted 303kg to clinch gold and was followed by
Pardeep Singh of SSCB, who registered a lift of total 285kg.
Abdul Arif Khan of Madhya Pradesh had to be content with
a bronze for his lift of 275kg.
Earlier, Jharkhand had won four gold medals including
three by women lifters, a silver and a bronze (both in the
SSCB -- with two gold, two silver and a bronze -- were in
the second place while an impressive show by women lifters put
Manipur in the third place with two gold, one silver and one
Maharashtra men had a gold and two silvers to their
credit while Tamil Nadu had a gold, a bronze.
Two more gold medals are at stake in the weightlifting
arena during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'