Jharkhand Maoists camps razed, bandh evokes mixed response
Ranchi/Simdega: Three camps of the CPI
(Maoist) were today razed by securitymen in Jharkhand`s
Simdega district as the Maoist-sponsored statewide bandh
evoked mixed response.
Personnel of the newly formed Jharkhand Jaguar Force
(JJF) raided the camps situated near Khareganja village in
Simdega, about 90 km from Ranchi, and demolished the camps and
took one person into custody, police sources said.
Six guns, one pistol, which had been stolen from the
police, and cartridges were seized from the camps, they said.
The raids by the JJF were led by Kolibira police station
in-charge N K Sinha, the sources said, adding the anti-naxal
operation was on.
In Latehar, Palamau, Khunti, East and West Singhbhum
districts the bandh was reported to be total while the
shutdown call had no effect in the Santhal Pargana region
comprising six districts.
Mineral transport was affected as truckers went off the
road. Long distance buses were also not found in the national
highway, according to reports.
In Palamau, trains passed with police escort while the
railway services remained normal elsewhere.
The CPI (Maoist) called the bandh in protest against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read