Jharkhand Maoists camps razed, bandh evokes mixed response
Ranchi/Simdega: Three camps of the CPI
(Maoist) were today razed by securitymen in Jharkhand`s
Simdega district as the Maoist-sponsored statewide bandh
evoked mixed response.
Personnel of the newly formed Jharkhand Jaguar Force
(JJF) raided the camps situated near Khareganja village in
Simdega, about 90 km from Ranchi, and demolished the camps and
took one person into custody, police sources said.
Six guns, one pistol, which had been stolen from the
police, and cartridges were seized from the camps, they said.
The raids by the JJF were led by Kolibira police station
in-charge N K Sinha, the sources said, adding the anti-naxal
operation was on.
In Latehar, Palamau, Khunti, East and West Singhbhum
districts the bandh was reported to be total while the
shutdown call had no effect in the Santhal Pargana region
comprising six districts.
Mineral transport was affected as truckers went off the
road. Long distance buses were also not found in the national
highway, according to reports.
In Palamau, trains passed with police escort while the
railway services remained normal elsewhere.
The CPI (Maoist) called the bandh in protest against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical