Jharkhand to raise 10 bomb disposal squads
Ranchi: Jharkhand will raise 10 bomb disposal squads to tackle rising threats from Maoists and other terrorist groups, a senior police official said Saturday.
"Each battalion of the JAP (Jharkhand Armed Police) will have its own bomb disposal squad. JAP has 10 battalions in the state. Each bomb disposal squad will be equipped with the latest technology," the official said.
Jharkhand government has sanctioned Rs 20.87 crore for this purpose.
In the past few months the police here have received numerous hoax calls about bombs being planted in shopping malls, trains and at other places. Last year a live bomb was recovered from a Big Bazar outlet in Ranchi.
"We have to prepare ourselves considering the rising Maoist, terrorist and criminal activities. Maoist rebels have planted landmines in the jungles and non-tarred roads. We have to ensure availability of bomb disposal squads at all the sensitive places," said the police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi