Jindal delighted at new norms for shooters
New Delhi: A former shooter himself, Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal on Saturday welcomed the liberalized norms announced by the Sports Ministry for the import of weapons and cartridges by the marksmen for their training.
“I have always pursued the cause of youth and sports in India. Being a shooter myself, shooting is close to my heart. I am delighted and grateful to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for the notification, which I am sure, will help improve the performance of our shooters,” Jindal said in a statement.
“(The notification) may help India win medals at the forthcoming Commonwealth Games and further popularise the sport of shooting in the country,” he added.
Jindal had been pursuing for liberalised and rationalized procedures for import of weapons and ammunition and resale of used weapons by renowned shooters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan