Jindal delighted at new norms for shooters
New Delhi: A former shooter himself, Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal on Saturday welcomed the liberalized norms announced by the Sports Ministry for the import of weapons and cartridges by the marksmen for their training.
“I have always pursued the cause of youth and sports in India. Being a shooter myself, shooting is close to my heart. I am delighted and grateful to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for the notification, which I am sure, will help improve the performance of our shooters,” Jindal said in a statement.
“(The notification) may help India win medals at the forthcoming Commonwealth Games and further popularise the sport of shooting in the country,” he added.
Jindal had been pursuing for liberalised and rationalized procedures for import of weapons and ammunition and resale of used weapons by renowned shooters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?