Jindal delighted at new norms for shooters
New Delhi: A former shooter himself, Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal on Saturday welcomed the liberalized norms announced by the Sports Ministry for the import of weapons and cartridges by the marksmen for their training.
“I have always pursued the cause of youth and sports in India. Being a shooter myself, shooting is close to my heart. I am delighted and grateful to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for the notification, which I am sure, will help improve the performance of our shooters,” Jindal said in a statement.
“(The notification) may help India win medals at the forthcoming Commonwealth Games and further popularise the sport of shooting in the country,” he added.
Jindal had been pursuing for liberalised and rationalized procedures for import of weapons and ammunition and resale of used weapons by renowned shooters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!