Jindal Power lines up Rs 65k-cr projects
New Delhi: Naveen Jindal-led Jindal Power on Friday said it will invest Rs 65,000 crore in new power projects and part of the financing for these would be done through its up to Rs 10,000-crore Initial Public Offer.
The Company, part of JSPL group, would create fresh
thermal capacity of over 4,400 mw and hydel capacity of 6,100
mw, with commissioning of projects starting from 2014.
"We need internal financial of Rs 15,000 and the rest
would come through debt for financing the projects.
"All this IPO money will primarily go to our expansion
programme and balance would be funded from our internal
accruals," Jindal Power Deputy Managing Director Sushil Maru
told a news agency a day after the company`s Board decided for the IPO of up to Rs 10,000 crore.
As of now, the company, with a net worth of over Rs 7,000
crore, is generating surplus funds of about Rs 1500 crore, he
said, adding "finances would not be a problem at all." The
firm plans to fund the projects in the debt-equity ratio of
Besides, the company would look at all opportunities,
including acquisition and bid for any ultra mega power project
that the government may put on the block, he added.
"We have a 1000 MW power plant operating at present. We
have lined up projects to add 10,500 MW capacity entailing an
estimated investment of Rs 65,000 crore... we will also look
at commercially the best opportunity be it greenfield,
brownfield or even acquisitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in