Jindal Steel Q1 net up 2-fold
Mumbai: Jindal Steel & Power on Wednesday reported
a two-fold increase in consolidated net profit at Rs 988.47
crore during the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
Total income rose to Rs 2,786.22 crore during the June
quarter, from Rs 2180.38 crore in the corresponding period a
year ago, Jindal Steel said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
The board has approved the allotment of five bonus shares
of Rs one each for every share held in the company.
However, on a standalone basis, Jindal Steel posted a net
profit at Rs 300.06 crore, down 25.41 percent over the period
Total income decreased to Rs 1592.66 crore during the
quarter under review, from Rs 1902.74 crore in the year-ago
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'