JK Tyre plans Rs 1,200-cr expansion
New Delhi: JK Tyre on Saturday said it will invest Rs 1,200 crore in the next three-four years for capacity addition which includes setting up a new plant in Karnataka with an investment of Rs 800 crore.
"JK Tyre has recently completed a Rs 315-crore expansion project to increase truck and bus radial tyre capacity from four lakh to eight lakh tyres per annum and is also planning
to invest Rs 1,200 crore in the next three to four years to fulfill the demand for quality tyres," a statement quoting JK Tyre & Industries president Arun Bajoria said on Saturday
As part of company’s growth strategy, JK Tyre will invest in Karnataka to manufacture truck, bus and car radials to cater to both domestic and international markets and has earmarked an investment of Rs 800 crore for that, it added.
"We had announced last year to undertake substantial expansion of our tyre operations, therefore our new plant in Karnataka is part of our long-term growth strategy," Bajoria said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal