JMM-led Jharkhand coalition has 31 tainted MLAs
Ranchi: The new five-party coalition in
Jharkhand, which is all set to assume power on Wednesday, has 31
MLAs with criminal cases against them.
The coalition, headed by JMM, has 44 MLAs in the
Leading the pack is Shibu Soren`s JMM whose 17 out of
18 MLAs have criminal cases against them, the National
Election Watch (NEW) said on the basis of affidavits of
the elected legislators.
The only JMM MLA, who has no criminal case against her
is Sita Soren, daughter-in-law of Shibu Soren and widow of
The BJP and AJSU have eight and four MLAs respectively
with criminal cases against them. One JD(U) legislator and the
lone JJM legislator also has criminal cases against him, the
JMM`s Dumri MLA Jagannath Mahato is booked under 14
criminal cases while Soren`s son Hemant, the newly elected MLA
from Dumka, has six cases against him, it said.
BJP`s Jharkhand unit president and a strong contender
for the deputy chief minister`s post Raghubar Das also has
criminal cases against him.
Among the BJP MLAs, Ranchi legislator C P Singh has nine
cases against him.
11 of the 14 Congress MLAs also have cases against
them while eight JVM(P) legislators and four RJD MLAs have
cases against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries