Jo quits City to return to Brazil
Manchester: Brazilian striker Jo has left Manchester City to join Internacional in his homeland, the Premier League club confirmed.
The 24-year-old was City`s record signing when he joined from CSKA Moscow in 2008 for a fee of around £18 million, although he was swiftly overtaken in that regard by his countryman Robinho later the same summer.
Despite expectations Jo never adapted to life in the Premier League, and scored only six goals in 41 appearances for City.
Jo, capped three times by Brazil, also had spells on loan at Everton and Galatasaray, but could not recapture the form that had made him such an exciting prospect in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!