Johnson out of England squad for Brazil friendly
London: Liverpool right back Glenn Johnson has pulled out of England`s squad for this weekend`s friendly against Brazil in Doha, the FA said.
"Glen Johnson will not travel with England to face Brazil and has returned to Liverpool this evening," a statement on the FA`s website said.
"Johnson was assessed by the England medical staff and has returned to his club for further treatment."
England, who will also be without Johnson`s Liverpool team mate Steven Gerrard and LA Galaxy`s David Beckham, face Brazil in the Khalifa Stadium on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'