JSW Steel Q2 net up 28% at Rs 323 cr
Mumbai: Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Steel on Friday
reported a 28 per cent growth in consolidated net profit at Rs
322.75 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel-maker had a net profit of Rs 252.44 crore in
the September quarter of the previous fiscal, JSW Steel said
in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income rose to Rs 4,757.8 crore during the July-
September quarter of the current fiscal, from Rs 4,686.81
crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
On a standalone basis, JSW Steel posted a net profit of
Rs 451.54 crore for the reported quarter, an increase of 42.23
per cent from the year-ago period when the firm had a net
profit of Rs 317.45 crore.
Standalone total income rose to Rs 4,580.52 crore during
the quarter under review, from Rs 4,311.77 crore.
Shares of JSW Steel were trading at Rs 848.90, down 2.32
per cent over previous close in the late afternoon trade on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars