Julia begins Pataudi filming: The Asian Age
Pataudi, Sept 21: It was Pretty Woman Julia Roberts all right, but eating aloo-gobi and matar-paneer — that too with her hands. Wearing a purple kurta, black salwar and rudraksha beads, she completed her first day’s shoot for a Hollywood film here on Sunday, living up her role every bit! The legendary Hollywood actress was so determined to deliver the right shot for the movie Eat, Pray, Love at Ashram Hari Mandir that she not only did multiple retakes, but didn’t also move from her seat till director Ryan Murphy was fully satisfied.
The humidity and buzzing flies made many in the film crew restless, but not Ms Roberts who remained calm and composed as she sat in a chair with a hand fan. At one point, she could be seen eating rice, chappati, aloo-gobi and matar-paneer the Indian way, with her hands. She could then be seen shooting with an Indian girl in another scene, while later she was joined by co-star Richard Jenkins.
Ms Roberts, who landed at Delhi airport on Thursday, drove straight to this small Haryana town 40 km away, and spent much of Friday and Saturday resting at the gracious Pataudi Palace Hotel.
The Hollywood superstar is here with her three children — four-and-a-half-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus and two-year-old son Henry — and their nannies. She will be shooting the India scenes of her new film with Hollywood colleagues Billy Crudup, Javier Bardem and Richard Jenkins. The main filming began on Sunday morning at the ashram, which is roughly 900 meters away from Pataudi Palace, which belongs to onetime India cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan, the former Nawab of Pataudi. The palace has now been converted into a heritage hotel. The actress is moving around in a bulletproof Tata Fortuner.
There are two more cars for the crew and a helicopter could also be glimpsed. The film, based on author Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoirs Eat, Love, Pray, features Ms Roberts as Gilbert who travels to Italy, India and Indonesia in search of peace. The India part of the film will be shot at the Ashram Hari Mandir in Pataudi.
"In the next few days, Roberts will also shoot at Pataudi market and Mirzapur, near here," a source here said. The cast and crew of the film are expected to be in Pataudi till the first week of October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP